Friday, January 16, 2015

Too much traffic, not enough knitting.

     I live in Los Angles and it's Friday. That means I have to pick up my son, grab him something to eat and get him to his fencing studio and hour earlier than usual. This is in several miles of horrific traffic. I've lived here a long time but something is going on. It could be the never-ending  construction of a light rail line that will be finished...maybe never. Whatever it is it's getting really bad around here, and it was never that good to begin with. They just keep building and the cars have to go somewhere. But what to do, I love LA. Once we're home it's all good.
     Maybe because it's Friday I just really wanted to get down to chilling early and was tired of the continued lack of TV (still broken), so I moved the little one from my DH's office in front of the big one. It looked like it had a baby. Not what I want to watch anything really good on, but it did the trick for a mini-marathon of Datelines and 48 hours while I got back on track with my Hitofude. I was not willing to do any research about that missed SSK, so I just tinked back maybe 200 stitches, fixed it and got on my way. 7 repeats done, 5 or 6 to go plus grafting and then I will have the sleeves and upper back. We are going to spend a few days in Palm Springs tomorrow for the long weekend, so that might be good for one or two more repeats.
     I finally put my Fitbit back on. I had worn it for a week but didn't want to take it on vacation because I knew I'd be in the water all the time. I was also concerned that the lights weren't lighting up, and finally wondering if maybe I should upgrade to the Charge because it shows the time and I've been wearing it on my watch hand. I went to Best Buy (in said horrific traffic) to try it on but it's way too big. It feels weird enough wearing the Flex at night. So I put it back on and will try to figure out the light situation tomorrow. I haven't been good about tracking diet and water intake but that kind of thing really does work.

No comments:

Post a Comment