Saturday, January 10, 2015

Photo shoot

     We had a family photo session today that was our first one ever! We live at Venice beach, and every California family that I know of has beach portraits, but we've never done it. You know the ones - everyone's wearing white and looking gorgeous. It's one of those things you swear you're going to get around to, but I never did. Well, the first day here they were all over us wanting to take our pictures, so I said we're going to do it the last day. We went to the beach at 6pm tonight and he must have taken 100 shots. There was no way we were going to see them tonight so that's what we have to do before we leave, and hopefully they will be gorgeous. At $10/pop we might go broke, but really, never a family portrait in 12+ years? Luckily our kid is still in that cute phase where he'll play along.


     I worked some more on Hitofude. It is really enjoyable but taking forever. Another joy I've experienced for the first time is having to undo some stitches to fix them but the mistake happened right near the life line, so that messed the whole situation up. The thing is, on the wrong side rows it's pretty easy, mostly purls with a few knits thrown in. The problem with that is that you start day dreaming and you forget to throw in those knits. That's happened a few times so far and it's not a big deal if you (a) catch it pretty quickly and (b) don't do it near a lifeline! My provisional cast-on was done in red which was great for contrast, but the lifeline is a little blendy. I highly recommend sticking with a high contrast yarn so that it doesn't get caught up physically and visually with what you're doing. And no, I didn't finish my Macinack or do the finishing on my cowl. Oh well, maybe on the plane.

No comments:

Post a Comment