Thursday, January 8, 2015

Foam party, or where we consort with Millenials

     

     I got pretty burnt yesterday, so any water adventures were out. It was mostly trying to stay out of the sun under the umbrellas. I did try to snorkel a bit but not much to see on the shore. We ended up by the pool when they were having the "foam party". I made my son check it out but he soon retired to the room for his so-called "signature bath" in the jacuzzi which includes frosty drinks and Pringles. Then I dragged the hubs reluctantly away from his book to partake in this youthful ritual. He asked who was in there and I said a bunch of douchebags. He came anyway. If you're over 30, basically it's a bubble machine filled with soap that they aim at the drunkards gathered near the swim-up bar to create a ginormous bubble bath, accompanied of course by EDM. This was some goofy-ass fun, and I'm convinced that this generation has much more fun and takes themselves less seriously than ours ever did. We only regretted that we let our son get away with not experiencing this with his parents, because I imagine he wouldn't soon forget it. The next time it happens, we're there. Also, I've discovered that pretty much the best threat to a boy is having his mother threaten to twerk in front of him. This shuts everything down right away. Here in the DR, there is a lot of twerking going on.
     More Hitofude knitting. I now have half the sleeves done. At this rate it will take me a year. An appreciative waitress asked me "how much" which was confusing until I realized she was asking how much I was selling it for. I considered that and realized that I wouldn't even sell it for $1000, since that would still be way below minimum wage. And who would by it? But of course, there has to be someone who would, especially in LA, like at GOOP or something. I really don't think you could buy anything like it in a store - a hand knit lace cardigan from a Japansese design made by hand with hand-dyed merino, all from USA artisans? The only place would be a sample from a knitting store and it would be a lot. Maybe not a grand but still a lot. We knitters have to get ourselves on Gwytheth's radar.

No comments:

Post a Comment