Friday, January 9, 2015

Adventure Time!

   


     We decided to finally get out of the resort today for a little excursion. Since we thought that a boat trip was still a little too much sun, we went for the dune buggy/cave trip. This was an extremely bumpy trek for quite a few miles, going from the beach to a plantation to a cave. It wouldn't have been so bad but they made you go really fast to keep up. Kind of fun, though jarring, and no permanent damage. The annoying thing was that they took no end of pictures that they wanted to sell you. I don't even like taking selfies unless I'm looking good, but there's no way I would pay for a picture where I'm not wearing a least makeup, not to mention the state my hair must have been in. We got to buy some domestic coffee, cocoa, honey and vanilla, which is the kind of stuff we love taking back, plus it directly benefitted the people living there. Then off to a little cave with a pool that the hubs and I jumped into and that I barely was able to climb back out of.
     Back at the ranch, we met up with my cousins and aunt/uncle for dinner. The service was really slow but we had a great time just laughing and talking about family history. My mom and stepdad were supposed to be here too but had to cancel at the last minute because of health reasons, which is too bad because they're a real hoot and can really throw down. Tomorrow we are chillaxing, shopping, getting a nice photo done, and gathering for one last dinner before heading out on Sunday.
     No knitting today, but I will really have to do the final finishing on my cowl design that I wore on the plane, because it just looks weird otherwise.

No comments:

Post a Comment