Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Mr. Sexy

     This pretty much sums up the cultural life at the resort.


That and the Michael Jackson show. This was the Mr. Sexy contest, and I think the right man won. 
     I just cannot get enough of this ocean. I went in twice today, and my skin is really starting to hurt, because the sun does not respect sunblock on me. I also forgot to put it on my face so there's that. My husband and son went on one of those seats that are dragged behind a boat. I took one look at that and said no thank you, I don't need to break my body. My son wanted to go slower so he asked dad how to say it in Spanish and he said "arriba!". So off they went, but they're men so of course they had to. They even paid extra for more time and speed. Weird. I took that opportunity to do beach aerobics. Usually it's a dance class and this looked pretty silly , but I couldn't think of a reason not to exercise a little (except for sunburn I realize now). I was actually fun. 
      Today was all about missed connections. My cousins were supposed to meet us at a spot on the beach. Everyone was there but they were looking on the sister property next door which is a mirror image of this one. They even tried to go in their room's doppelgänger over there, but there was other peoples' stuff in it. I would have started to wig out right there thinking I was in the Twilight Zone or maybe 1Q84. I wonder if there are 2 moons hanging in the sky over there? 
     Then when we were leaving for dinner they decided to be tricksters and hide when I turned around for a minute to get my sweater. Then I couldn't find them, so I go ahead to the restaurant and they weren't there. I look and look and wait 15 minutes and started to get really upset, so I said screw it and left, walked around the rest of the property, found my cousins and friends, and had a great night with them. But I was still mad, and promised everyone that they had to carry their phones at all times and be subject to potentially exorbitant international roaming calls in case of any potential future pranks.
     Oh, and I did a few rows of knitting, too. No drama there.


No comments:

Post a Comment