Sunday, January 18, 2015

In the desert

     Today my son and I took the drive out to Palm Springs to have our annual holiday dinner with our long-time faithful assistant. This was supposed to happen about a month ago but we had to put it off. It took 3 hours to get here, which is really unusual for a Saturday afternoon. Just more of what I was talking about with the traffic. It's always hectic when I need to leave the house because I really hate to pack. I just unpacked from our trip and I still had no clean clothes for us despite doing laundry all week. Anyway, I managed to get my self together in between taking my son to and from ballet. On the way to the freeway I stopped by Jennifer Knits in Brentwood to check out their sale. This shop is known for their custom designs. Their sales feature many bags of yarn and kits. I know full well that I don't really need any yarn and I managed to get out of there without buying any. They did have a whole container of project bags and needle cases by Della Q and Chica. I have a collection of Della Q   cases, and the one that I'm missing is the straight needle case. They had one for the 10" needles, but many of mine are longer than that. Even though I rarely use them, I still have quite a few and would love to corral them. I did nab 3 adorable project bags, though. I own exactly one project bag, so they will come in handy. They also threw in the red needle case which will handily hold quite a few straights and some notions. Very satisfying to make a non-yarn related score. The staff there are super friendly, plus there were mimosas and chocolate. Nuff said.


     For dinner we finally went to Lord Fletcher in Rancho Mirage. We've been passing by this place forever, every time saying "Lord Fletcher!" in a haughty British accent. It seemed like a goof to go there, but it was really impressive (and packed) inside. It was like being transported to the UK, with cozy furniture and amazing pictures and artifacts on the walls. The bar area features a collection of tobies, or ceramic mugs of famous faces. The food was really good and piping hot, just what you would expect of British comfort food. It was spendy but really nice for a special occasion.


No comments:

Post a Comment